- Please note we will no longer be offering on-site courses during the winter. If you wish to take an onsite course you will need to register for a summer class.
- Ideally you would begin studying about 6 months in advance. The course gives you the focus and direction needed to streamline your studying process.
- Don't wait to hear if you have been accepted to take the exam because in most states acceptance letters typically come out 2 to 4 weeks before the exam. Plan ahead.
- Winter, 2020 ASBOG® exam review courses have been posted! Sign up early to secure a seat.
- ASBOG ® Candidate Handbook revised, 2016
For more information go to What's New.
What is ASBOG®?
The Association of State Boards of Geology (ASBOG®) is the organization
which develops the standardized examination for the licensing of Professional Geologists. One of their goals is to establish procedures and
standardize the examinations for licensing U.S. wide to ensure protection of the public health, safety and welfare. Their intention is to
validate a minimum level of competency for the practice of geology. They coordinate with the state boards to establish uniform examinations
and minimum education and experience requirements for applicants. ASBOG® develops but does not administer the exam nor do they
process the applications for the taking of the examination. You need to contact your specific state board to register to take the exam. From
the following link you can find out the contact information for your state board simply by clicking on the flag for the state you are interested in.
STATE GEOLOGY BOARDS
The current version of the ASBOG® Candidate Handbook can be viewed on the ASBOG® website:
2016 ASBOG® Candidate Handbook
The Candidate Handbook was produced by ASBOG® as an important source of information regarding the ASBOG® exam.
For other information regarding ASBOG® please contact ASBOG®.
ASBOG® does not endorse any examination preparation course, study guide, or publication.